Tuesday, June 29, 2010

6/28

Seriously, it was an amazing day. Diego and I got up after much alarm snoozing and finally walked to work. I found out that today wasn’t an ordinary work day, Brazil had a game against Chile. So we started off the work day with a tour of the awesome building and offices. Diego and I spent a pretty decent amount of time catching up on all of our social networking which was very helpful. Later, he started to fill me in on the project we would be working on which is basically introductory images to some video sermons. Shortly after, Daniel Gardner, another really cool guy who works at Fiel came. He was a missionary kid when he was younger so he is great at both languages which is immensely helpful! After awhile, we had our lunch at a restaurant that is free to us for lunch which was pretty good! We came back to do some more work until three o’clock came around. Game time. Daniel let me borrow his Brazil jersey for this came. So we put on our shirts and wore big Brazil flags as capes and started getting pumped up. Watching the game brought a whole new level of appreciation for watching soccer. Maybe it was the excitement of a bunch of Brazilian guys cheering at every little triumph and jeering at every poor call. Or maybe it was just being in Brazil in general. Nevertheless, I got just as into it as them. Every one of the three goals would send us flying into the air cheering. Also, after every goal, people all over Brazil shoot off fireworks which added nicely to our noise. After Brazil beat Chile 3 to 0 (no big deal). We all ran out into the streets cheering and waving our flags. A ton of people were outside dancing to music, blowing horns, and cheering the cars that would drive by honking. At one point they even stood in front of a bus and got it to stop so that they could cheer to it. It was crazy but so awesome! Best part of the summer so far.. Later, we went to the mall and I got a sim card for a phone that I can use here which is pretty nice. Then the guys and I got some pizza and went home to the Denham’s house and played some wii sports and fit. Diego dominated everyone including me in tennis but I was eventually able to beat him. That was about it! Waking up to go to work still feels like ages ago. It’s a good thing I’m writing this down otherwise I would probably forget it!

No comments: