Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Unconditionally

Today I heard an analogy of when we come to God with our works and try to show it to him. I won't repeat the analogy but I really thought it was interesting to think about. We find these works and hold them up to God to show him so we can feel good about ourselves only to find that it is nothing in comparison to His perfection. That God's unconditional love takes precedent over all works is amazing. Sometimes I do things that I feel makes me a Christian, forgetting the simple fact that what I do doesn't decide my eternity. It is where I put my faith and trust. Solely leaning on Jesus' name that saved me from sin.

2 comments:

Christi Joy said...

Ahh! Yes. Mr. Currie's "message" was very thought-provoking. This concept is such a hard one for my brain to grasp. I don't understand how God can continue to love me when I seem to be constantly messing up. I suppose that IS the definition of unconditional..but it still feels as though I need to DO something. Yet, my righteousness is as filthy rags (or worse...) to God.

ok. so that was a really long comment...sorry

Gabby Huerta said...

I think that it's almost impossible for our human, fleshly minds to fully get around the idea of unconditional salvation. Aside from justification by faith/grace alone, there is nothing.

Nice blog. Keep it up!